Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I finally made Stockings!

Now that I have 3 kids I finally made stockings. In the past years we lived at Matt's parents house and used the stockings Matt and his brothers and sister had. Summer loved her penguin so much that I had to make her a little penguin to carry around so she would let me finish sewing. It was a long project because it was ALWAYS getting interrupted and some nights I jsut wasn't feeling creative enough to come up with an idea. I LOVE how they turned out. Owen's was the super snow man (at his request) until he saw the one I was making Daddy. So Owen happily became the surfing gingerbread man - which suits him well. And the way they are made is from my memories of the ones that my mom made for us when I was a kid! Thanks mom. And Jessica, I put in close up pics so you can decided what kind you want to make.

















3 comments:

Jessica said...

they turned out great!! I'm not as good with making people as you...or penguins I guess. I love the gingerbread guy too.

Jana said...

These are so awesome!!!! We loved super snowman and of course surfing gingerbread man. How creative!

Chelsea Nicole said...

Adorable! I love how they look and super creative too. I must say though, maybe it's because I just had a boy but the gingerbread man surfing is definitely a boy... not a girl. Ha I don't think you meant to do that but it looks like it to me : )