Sunday, May 10, 2009

House down to nothing

We have torn it apart and pulled things out....we're just hoping we have enough $$ figured out to put it all back in :)

The once was kitchen! Thank goodness we decided we better start new with the kitchen. We had opened a cupboard under the sink and the smell was dangerously gross and we left it open to air it out and each day we came to the house the smell was progressively worse (yuck) I figured something had died in there. But alas, soon as we took out all the old rotten smelly moldy cupboards (and everything else) it smelled MUCH better. Matt decided that the kitchen was the most important room in the house for me and decided to put all our money there. I am very excited about having a nice new kitchen to cook and bake for my family in. Thanks honey!!!!



The once was brick fireplace that took up the whole wall is in the process of becoming a nice little fireplace. Matt is amazing! He comes up with these ideas and then puts them into action and they look GREAT like out of a magazine. I can't wait to post a picture when the molding and mantle are up.


All the flooring has been ripped out, and one bathroom has been gutted (the beautiful pink and blue bathroom is still intact). And we keep saying "O.K. I think we are finished tearing apart and I think we are ready to build back up...but I think REALLY this week we are ready to start putting things back together.

And on Saturday Matt made it officially our house by hanging his surfboards in the garage!



No comments: